Houston Home Furnace Buying Guide
When shopping for a major item like a new furnace it's very important to use a Houston Heating contractor who is familiar with the product and able to perform warranty work should the need ever arise. Just like an automobile, if you buy a Toyota you have it serviced by a Toyota dealer. The following is a list of important questions to ask when you are shopping for a furnace.
1. What type of furnace do I need?
2. Is my contractor trained on how to determine proper size?
3. What efficiency should I have?
4. Is the existing duct (supply and return) adequate?
5. Is my home too humid?
6. Do I want to reduce humidity or have precise control of my home’s humidity level?
7. Are there advantages to a continuous low speed fan?
8. Will my old thermostat work with a new furnace?
9. How often should I change or clean my filter?
10. What can I do as a homeowner to keep my furnace running at the highest efficiency possible?
Upgrading or replacing the unit with a high-efficiency model will provide substantial savings. If you are thinking about retrofitting your Houston home with a new high-efficiency furnace, you may want to speak to an energy efficiency advisor.